Thursday 21 February 2013

The Diet Begins...NOW!

I am not a fan of the word "diet", nor do I believe in counting calories or following different fads, only to find in a months time when you can no longer keep it up the weight piles back on. No, I much prefer a more healthy approach; clean eating and regular training. I have always been a relatively fit and healthy person, but with the disturbance in my routine from travelling and the big move last year I seem to have added more than a few kilos to my frame. Last year I joined the gym, to which I have been going to regularly. My exercise weakness is cardio, essential in weight loss I'm sure you will agree. So I have started doing regular spin classes. This way I get high-intensity cardio and I'm not tempted to cut my workout short due to boredom. I always get to a point halfway through the class where I tell myself I will never come to another one, yet inevitably week after week I find myself back there! The incredible rush you get after the workout far outweighs the 45 minutes of pain.

Having got into a routine with my training, I decided it was now time to tackle my eating. My package of protein and supplements has just this morning. I am sitting here writing this after my intense pump class sipping my first protein shake watching all my fat instantly dissolving into muscle (well not quite but I can dream). Now the taste does leave little to be desired, but seeing as this will, from now on be my breakfast, I sincerely hope I will grow to love it.

Also in my package was a bottle of Thermolean, containing the fat burning powers of Bitter Orange Peel, Caffeine, Green Tea, Raspberry Ketones, L-Tyrosine, L-Theanine, Cayenne Pepper and Bioperine. This product is designed to speed up the metabolism, meaning you are burning more calories and losing body fat faster. It is a stimulant so it will also help to increase energy levels and alertness, best not to be taken 4 hours prior to bedtime. Apparently it also helps to suppress the appetite. I am quite sceptical about these products, I have tried other products claiming to have the same effects and not noticed any difference. So my hopes are not high for this Thermogenic, but I have read great reviews of it and I'm willing to give anything a go!

Lastly I have a staple omega-3 product. This is an essential fatty acid that should be included in everyone's diet but generally is lacking. Most commonly found in oily fish, nuts, seeds and avocados these are essential for aiding weight reduction and also great for healthy skin, hair and nails!

So in the meantime, I guess those self-saucing chocolate puddings I just bought will have to be put to the back of the fridge. Or I could quickly sneak one in now and start again this afternoon...!

No comments:

Post a Comment